MAAD 2015 STUDENT EXHIBITION


From June 1st and June 14th, myself and my fellow MAAD friends/graduates have decided to hold an exhibition of our thesis pieces. 
Right across from the AGO, Art Square (334 Dundas Street West, Toronto) is graciously hosting this exhibition that will be open daily from 9am-11pm.
We've already had our opening night (photos of my work will follow), however we are also having a closing party on Wednesday, June 10th, from 7pm-10pm, where light refreshments will be served.

-----------

Compared to my set up for OCAD's 100th Grad Exhibition, this set up is much more simple and can be seen as more of an art piece, instead of something that is more functional and wearable. 
There was no "touch station," where the exhibition goers were able to actually feel the fabric in which I wove, and they weren't able to see the yarns and dyes that I used. I feel that this aspect of the display was very important, as I wished for others to become acquainted with the materials and dyes, and the processes and stages that I had gone through to get to the final pieces; the process and exploration was just as important as the final. 
The REVIVAL+SURVIVAL didactic stayed the same however, so I encourage all those who go to see this exhibit to read what I had wrote, due to the lack of my process work being present within the display.
(To see photos of my Grad Ex Display click here)
However, I still think that this display was equally beautiful, and presented the work differently. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About

Queenie Jayne Dagmang

Toronto Based Textile&Fashion Designer&Artist

OCAD University Graduate
Bachelors of Design
specializing in Material Art+Design: Fibre

Email: queenie.dagmang@yahoo.ca
Instagram: @queeniejayne